- There is a clinical trial on using anti-TNF to treat the early stage of Dupuytren’s.
- I would like to follow up the above by contracting this person and seeing if they would be willing to expand the scope to include Ledderhose, certainly think we can get the patient numbers required.
- There is lots of interesting research being done and lots of discussion happening, patients should take some heart from this.
- DD cells can be problematic as they do not grow in normal culture environment in the same manner as other cells and this is an area which probably requires improvement and is being worked on.
- How to best control experiments, age groups etc and later onset of DD in control group.
- Does Estrogen play a role as some observed that this treatment increases odds - could this be linked to the later onset in women.
- Should science be looking more into the aggressive condition, these are the patients that are then more likely to go on and need treatment.
Certainly a fascinating and enjoyable start and a lot to be learnt. Time to build contacts over lunch and looking forward to more this afternoon.
I already have 7 pages of typed notes and sorry for any typo's as I am writing this on the go, hopefully I will have some pictures up and about for the post covering this afternoons sessions.